WHY CHOOSE TO STUDY AT MPC?
We are not your average performing arts college! Together, MPC and LEAD Academy are offering a unique qualification to help you develop, excel and pursue a career in the performing arts.
At the end of this education programme you will be enabled to audition directly to advance training in the performing arts industry, to specialist schools or apply for performing arts degree programmes. As part of this specialist BTEC level 3 qualification, learners will have a true vocational and professional learning experience by working, training and performing alongside professional artists and teachers throughout the programme. Our teachers have literally "been there and done that" within the industry.
This will be a physically and mentally demanding programme that will prepare you for the stamina and tenacity required for further training and ultimately a career as a performer. You will be highly developed in all core subjects, improving your technique and artistry, as well as access to industry contacts.
The BTEC level 3 diploma is equivalent to 3 A levels. It is a two year full time education programme worth up to 168 UCAS points (at DDD* level). You will have all the all the advantages of being a college student whilst being trained in our fully equipped, purpose built facility. It is important that learners make the most of their time with us to achieve their full potential.
All learner will be entitled to the same privileges as any further education learner. For example;
* Student cards (offering student discounts).
* Student bursaries (if eligible).
* UCAS guidance.
* Pastoral care.
* Education support.
* Further Education Enrichment programmes.
* GCSE re-sit opportunities (If required).
All students will receive;
* A unique BTEC level 3 qualification earning up to 168 UCAS points.
* High level pure dance and musical theatre training from industry professionals.
* Excellent performance opportunities including Move It.
* Opportunity to perform in local professional pantomime and show at Margate's Winter Gardens.
* Introductions to specialist performing arts schools.
* Further enrichment outside college hours.